La Marque, Texas (March 22, 2018) — City of La Marque and La Marque Fire Department are planning the Fire Station Celebration Parade to begin at 10:00 a.m., Saturday, April 28, 2018, to commemorate La Marque’s new Central Fire Station and Administration Building located at Saltgrass Point Boulevard and Texas Avenue in La Marque, Texas. All citizens from La Marque and surrounding communities are invited to attend.
“I love a parade,” said La Marque Mayor Bobby Hocking. “I especially love one celebrating a monumental occasion such as the completion of the very first public safety facility to be built in our great and growing city. I hope all the citizens of La Marque and our surrounding communities come out to celebrate with us.”
• The parade begins at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, April 28, 2018.
• Parking is available at Abundant Life Christian Center, 601 Delany Road, and side streets south of Texas Avenue. See the parade route map for diagrams.
• To park at Abundant Life or side streets, arrive no later than 9:45 a.m.
• The following streets will be closed at 9:50 a.m. and will remain closed through the duration of the parade: Delany Road, Texas Avenue, Meadow Lake Village Drive, Parkstone Drive, Saltgrass Point Boulevard, Hallam Road, South Garrett Street, Garrett Street, Brockleigh Street and Harlton Street.
• There is no event planned after the parade. A grand opening celebration will be planned at a later date.
• The Fire Station Celebration Parade will leave from Gulfway Plaza at 10:00 a.m.
• South on Delany Road
• West on Texas Avenue (FM 1765)
• Loop around the Fire Station (in from Texas Avenue, out from Saltgrass Point Blvd.)
• Back on to Texas Avenue, head East toward Garrett Street
• North on South Garrett Street
• The parade ends in the parking lot at 4916 Texas Avenue (continued)
• City of La Marque is accepting applications for parade participants.
• Applications are due by 11:00 a.m., Friday, April 27.
• Proof of insurance and a valid driver license must be provided with application.
• Parade lineup begins at 9:00 a.m. at Gulfway Plaza, 11001 Delany Road
• The parade starts at 10:00 a.m. sharp.
• Applications are available at fire.cityoflamarque.org, by calling Marsha Randle at 409-938-9201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Every motor vehicle must have current insurance coverage.
• Drivers must have a valid driver license.
• Each car or truck entry must have signage indicating what group you represent.
• All vehicles must be clean.
• Decorations preferred but not required.
• All participants must complete the entire parade route.
• High school walking groups are allowed and encouraged.
• For safety, groups younger than high school age must ride on a float.
The new fire complex is La Marque's first-ever capital project developed, funded and constructed for a La Marque public service entity. For general information about the parade, contact Marsha Randle. Press inquiries should be forwarded to Colleen Merritt.
About the City of La Marque: The City of La Marque is strategically situated in Galveston County, 15 miles south of Houston and four miles north of Galveston Island. La Marque is the second-fastestgrowing city in the County with an estimated population of 16,000, an area of 14.25 square miles and boasting 14.3 miles of I-45 frontage—more than any other city in Galveston County. Citizens enjoy easy, breezy coastal living, abundant housing options and the security of a hurricane protection levee system. La Marque is a sportsman’s paradise and offers access to world-class medical, travel and entertainment options. Citizens and visitors enjoy Bayou Fest, an early fall concert series and BBQ Cook Off offering free family fun; Magical Winter Lights, a 52-day holiday lantern festival; and Crawfish Bash, an annual crawfish cook off that earned a Guinness World Record in 2017. For business, La Marque offers prime I-45 frontage, creative incentives, an abundance of commercial property, a budding downtown revitalization and build-to-suit opportunities. La Marque is the Gateway to the Gulf and the Hub of the Mainland. Discover the possibilities at www.cityoflamarque.org.
Leave a Reply.