Though what I call the “Socialist Elite,” has spent the last century whittling away at our individual freedoms, they have not as yet succeeded in subjugating “We the People.”
How do citizens at the local level, defend against the monster that has grown in Washington? The Founding Fathers envisioned a nation where the populous, the common citizen, would be politically involved and by being active, would protect their freedom. So, what can we do to save our freedom, my thoughts:
· Be politically active. You are probably somewhat active, or you wouldn’t be reading this essay, but do more to make yourself known in your local government and make your beliefs known to your elected officials.
· Write, text, Email your elected representatives. Let them know your positions on issues. In many instances your elected officials want to hear from their constituents.
· Support conservative candidates who uphold the Constitution and boldly profess their religious faith.
· One thing I do is to support the Convention of States Project. Especially when the Resolution was being considered and passed by the Texas Legislature, I was in Austin testifying. The goal is to gain the acceptance of the Resolution by 34 states to trigger a call for a Convention of the States to consider Amendments to the Constitution. Among the suggested Amendments are Term Limits, a Balances Budget, and reducing the scope to the Federal Government. I know of no other way to bring such issues to a positive resolution. The COS folks could use your help.
· To put it in a nutshell, be present, be hear and most importantly VOTE.