What traits can we find that shows the United States of America, to be exceptional among nations?
· As a country based on God given freedoms and rights, we do not look to the Government to give us right:
o It is understood that we have a God given right to defend ourselves. Therefore, the Constitutions does not give us the right to bear arms, it states that the Government shall not infringe on our right to bear arms.
o The Constitutions does not give us the right to worship as we please, states that the Government shall not infringe on our right to worship as we please.
· What other nation has gone to war, conquered large masses of land, but after the war gives control of that land back to the losers in the conflict, as opposed to building an empire?
· I have heard our Congressman, Randy Weber, state on a couple occasions, “When there is a disaster in the world, who shows up to help?” Yes, it’s us, not the French or the Swedes or the Swiss. As a country based on God, we have a kind heart.
· Just the fact that we can have this type of discussion regarding our government, without fear of reprisal, is unique in the world. Go to say Mexico or France or Saudi Arabia and question the government’s authority or demonstrate about political issues or burn their flag and see what happens.
Along with our exceptionalism, are some negatives:
· That is why people from many countries are trying to emigrate to the United States,
· Our freedom and basic rights make us venerable:
o Freedom of the Press allows the media to tell lies and paint it as truth,
o Programs established for good purposes can be infiltrated by the corrupt and milked,
o Other nations look to us to protect their interests,
o Our enemies can make advances, because they do not have to bother with our rules of behavior.
We are exceptional among nations. To help other nations, we should export the traits that made us exceptional, rather than the socialist dogma peddled by the United Nations and socialized countries.